Tuesday 3 March 2009

Celia Blue!

This is the colour that i have put my name too. To be fair, there are quite a few variations of this colour which also take my name:

International Klein Blue- As in this Blues Venus by Yves Klein. It seems Yves Klein had the right idea. He also had a hue of this blue named after himself.....one day...ooh one day!
Dark or Duke Blue- As in the flag of Greece
Ultramarine- As in this bit of powder...Done so well on the catwalk by Albino AW09 Why i hear you say....Well, this has been my colour for at least the past 4 years. My colour of preference in jeans, dresses, hair pins, tights, cushions, paint, cars, etc etc. Its so sumptuous and delectable. My colour of choice in everything, i guess its really comforting and i respond well to it! I wear it so much that between my peers in the office the name Celia Blue was given to shade and it became a reference name or benchmark when referring to the particular hue. It became a bit of an everyday saying within the BUCK office especially when it was very apparent in the SS09 menswear catwalk shows in Milan and Paris. The name has spilt out a little bit into the general public (well...some of the citizens of East London..... OK, 2-4 of my friends!). And now i want to give it to you....Here you have it, and please only ever call it by its proper name..... CELIA BLUE!
Yves Klein (1928-1962)
blue: immaterial sensibility

Enjoy!

No comments: