Saturday 4 April 2009

That Carolyn Massey Cape...

I posted about a month ago at the end of London Fashion Week, and in particularly i posted about the menswear day and more in particularly the brilliance of the Carolyn Massey show. Well i was lucky to be invited to the opening private view of her Reflect Forward exhibition on at the Crafts Council until the 25th April. This was also an opportunity for friends and family and people personally invited to make personal orders, i think at a third of the RRP, which turned out to be a total success. The drinks were flowing, orders we being scribbled down left right and center, and my attention turned to 'that cape'-
So i tried it on. And fell in love. All attention in the room turned to me and, prompted by Carolyn herself, i proceeded to turn the exhibition space into my own catwalk. 5 embarrassing seconds later, my Naomi Campbell moment was over. And then thought developed onto me placing an order. My common sense got the better of me that night as i do not, and should never trust my drunken spur-of-the-moment, might-regret-that-tomorrow-morning, my-bank-manager will shoot-me decisions. A few days later i have nursed that hangover and am now nursing a brand new one from last night and my thought have returned to 'that cape'. Should i get it?

3 comments:

MENSWEAR said...

OMG. Maybe you should actually....

Celia Loves... said...

I think i should really....

Silvia Bergomi said...

Hi dear!
Nice work here!
Visit this
http://plasticchoko.blogspot.com/

Kiss

Silvia