Wednesday 20 May 2009

Islands In The Stream....

Well, the high street is thoroughly impressing me, bowling me over left right and center. Now with the high fashion press days, you had either seen the collection at the shows or online, so you know what you're going to see. In the presence of Chanel, Louis Vuitton or Prada, i get the same "bowled over" feeling, but knowing fully well that i might be able to afford maybe one piece from the whole collection. God bless the British high street. River Island designs are becoming more and more trend led and fashion relevant, offering purse friendly alternatives to the high end counterparts. Here are my favourites from River Island press day:
Janitor style coats: There are a few of these coming up in AW09 from RI and i have already noticed a few in store. I really like the idea of these oversized jackets, but they just don't work on me as i have broad shoulders. Boooo to my bad genes!
Both above have that great Balmain look. Its great to see that the high street have taken inspiration from that show. I think it is probably one of my favourite looks on the high street at the moment, that and the nautical look (which i am showing a slow death, in my everyday wardrobe). I need to get me that jacket before i am off to the Milan and Paris menswear shows!
Military/Nautical (ish) inspired jacket (modelled by the fabulous River Island PR, Arieta)
Mary Katrantzou style oversized tee. I think you all know how much i covet her collection. Great print!

No comments: