Thursday 18 June 2009

NEWSFLASH: Jimmy Choo for H&M Autumn 2009

Have you heard?? H&M have announced their next designer collaboration due to hit shops in November. Jimmy Choo! Tamara Mellon launched Jimmy Choo aka the red carpet shoe, in 1996 after partnering with East London shoe designer Jimmy Choo.
All very exciting, but I have questioned the integrity of some of the collaborations in the past. In the beginning the H&M collaboration was something for me to get excited about, something huge and illustrious, something I would be pandering to attend and try and stuff my shopping basket full of designer wares. I will admit that I was in-store on the first day of the Stella Mc Cartney collaboration, admittedly; I wasn't one of those die-hard maniacs queuing outside from an ungodly hour. I bought a few bits and bobs, but the experience left me feeling stressed. Seeing grown women and men fighting to get clothes of rails was almost enough to push me over the edge. The Victor and Rolf event was another one that tantilised my fashion taste buds. But I did get slightly confused at the Kylie and the Madonna additions to the collaboration history. The point I felt at the beginning was to bring designer labels to the masses and on the high street so that you could own a garment that you felt came form these prestigious names in fashion. The Kylie and Madonna ranges (as much as I love their music) left me feeling cold. It felt less designer clobber, more fan merchandise. I am not putting their designing skills to question (much), but I didn’t really see the point (without being so blunt) of it. I had no interest at all in it.



All negativity aside and out of the way, the images I got through of the upcoming collaboration yesterday has really tickled my me, I for one am intrigued and can't wait to see more of the designs. Maybe you will find me camping outside at 5am on Oxford Street after all. The shoes look brilliant, and I am guessing at the standard H&M collab price, will be a snip at under £100 hopefully! The traditionally shoe brand will be venturing out into menswear for the first time and the collection will include shoes, clothes, bags and accessories...!

No comments: