Friday 29 January 2010

RA Exhibition at Paris Fashion Week AW10

In between all the excitement and the jam packed fashion chaos that was my show schedule of Paris fashion week, i managed to get myself over to the RA exhibition space, and boy am i glad i did. The exhibition was a collective of designers straight from Antwerp showing their AW10 collections.
One particular designers using the space included the lovely and incredibly talented Romain Brau co-founder of the RA store in Antwerp. Just so many of the pieces i saw from his collection could have so easily slid straight out of that showroom and into my wardrobe (but of course that would be theft), i would of course need a lot more wardrobe space with the amount of beautiful furs and fantastic textures throughout the collection, but that is another matter of extending my current wall to wall wardrobe into a full blown out walk in closet (all in the pipeline).
Below are my top 10 pieces from his collection, but to be honest, i could quite as easily have given you a top 100 if there were enough hours in the day:

1-
Starting off with this incredibly unique red fur coat, words fail me.

2-
Cable knit jumper, cropped at the back and extended bib at the front
3-
Wooden carved headpiece- I think someone needs to give headpieces their moment. I would happily wear this getting my shopping at my local Tesco
4-
You can never have to much fur
5-
Knitted trousers with exposed knee. Note the hair/fur cascading from the holes. Whack these on with a pair of sandals and i am off...
6-
I think quite possibly the key item for AW10, the shearling lined jacket. I love Romain's simple take on the jacket. Also note the sequined cut-out vest top styled underneath the coat. I think that will have to me number 6.5 in the list. The time and effort and expertise that must have gone into hand-sewing all the black and red sequins on to the garment is astonishing


7- Chunky knit with feather detail. Romain makes something that should be chunky and weighty look so floaty and elegant.
8-
Gold metallic finish cardigan- incredibly effortless
9-
Sheer feathered dress
10-
Cut-out workman boots, they strike an amazing balance between chunky work boot and sandal. A balance I never ever thought i would want, but quite clearly i do!

Other noteworthy pieces i saw through my perusal of the exhibition include:

1-
I covet this pastel fur coat by Icaro Ibanez. A complete one of a kind.
2- Fur print sheer 2 piece number by Lliure Britz
3-
Fur jewellery by Yannick De Witte

4-
Knitted trousers by Daniel Anderssen


All of these pieces are available to buy at the RA store in Antwerp: RA13, Kloosterstraat 13, 200 Antwerp, Belgium. +32(0)32928780

No comments: