Thursday 28 January 2010

Paris fleas: My silver lining

Paris is amazing for many things and one of the most amazing is the aray of vintage and trift (freep- as they say in Paris) and flea markets and didnt i find this out...

After a false start on day one in Milan, where my two favourite coats were stolen at the infamous Punks Wear Prada party, i was livid and upset. Not only had all my outfits packed been carefully planned around these two coats, but also that someone was and is walking around Milan looking fabulous! The plan was to shield myself from the cold with the vintage rabbit fur and then wear a variety of grey sweatshirts and over sized tee shirts underneath teamed with leggings and tights... easy and then any one of these shoes! And then at night throw on my River Island denim Balmain style biker jacket- all effortlessly of course...
Anyway, after drunken tears and a 5am total wardrobe re-think, i had a plan. The coat that got me through the Milanese cold was this military red beauty:
This and of course lots and lots of layering.

Anyway upon arriving in Paris, i did my research and within 2 hours of touching down at Charles de Gaud airport and into our beautiful Marais apartment in the 3rd, i was down to Guerrisol and had acquired these beauties...


This luscious fox fur coat in an amazing ginger colour matching my ginger mane- A snip at €30Del-boy-esque/Prada AW10 style sheepskin 70s coat- a steal at €10

They say every cloud has a silver lining. Maybe this cloud is lined in Parisiene thrift!

*PS- If by stroke of chance anybody does know the wearabouts of my two stolen coats, please do let me know as i am still pining over them...
x

No comments: