Tuesday 16 March 2010

Blood, Sweat and Fears...

Over the next few days, make sure you go to this:I have just got back from the private view this evening and was pleasantly astounded. The event was described to me by my lovely friend Richard Danks (who is curating and organising the event alongside Chelsea Campbell) as a "Live Magazine". This, as i learned this evening, translates the concept of a magazine from the printed page to a live interactive event featuring artists as diverse as fashion designers, illustrators, musicians, art installations, live photo-shoots and design interaction. I saw variety of content including food in the way of beautiful and unique cake-cum-lollipops by Fifi & Lola (I was unfortunately unable to sample them on account of the fact that i am a celiac, but my friends with me told me they were very very delicious); Illustrations by Oliver Hemsley, the Central St Martins student of which the charity Art against Knives is born from his tragic and unprovoked stabbing a year ago; and interactive art "Singing Doodles" by Louise O'Connor (my favourite of the evening), where drawings are transformed into music. These are only naming a few. Click here to find out more...
The five-day event will run from March 17th-21st at 65/67 Broadwick Street in support of Art Against Knives.

No comments: