Friday 16 October 2009

Not Just a Label Pop-up store

Have you heard...? Online shop Not Just A Label will be opening an exclusive pop-up store in Notting Hill during the 23rd and 24th of October.

After 24 months online, the 2 day event at Beach Blanket Babylon, Notting Hill will see shoppers able to get their hands on the exclusive and mostly one off designs as well as meeting the designers.
Lara Stone, the most recent curator of the site (previous curators include Diane Pernet, Robin Schulié and Amanda LePore), will have her selection available in store as well as a whole host of promising designers. I certainly cant wait to be in the store and get my hands on all of the designs and see them face to face. God knows i love shopping online (and so does my bank card), but nothing beats the instant spark you get when you see a must have item on a rail. I have always found the site so inspiring and a great platform for new and young designers, even I myself have my graduating collection on the website, and although my pursuit to be a designer is on hold, it is always great to trawl the site for new talent. Here is my Top 5 buys from the site:

1- Box dress with 4 stud leather belt by Scott Ramsay Kyle
2- Warp Sequined vest by Lall_London
3- Squid Bodysuit by Donna_Sgro
4- Faux Fur coat by Nikicio
5-Enjoy Coke Singlet by Eleventh Commandment

And don't even get me started on the jewellery.... I love this "Faggott" necklace by Jesuisbelle:

The pop-up store will take place on Friday 23rd October 12 lunch – 11pm and Saturday 24th October 10am – 3pm. Beach Blanket Babylon, 45 Ledbury Rd, London, W11 2AA.

No comments: